Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We're still here!

Well, my lack of postings does not reflect our activities here at home.  Due to scheduling, we had to put off our lesson one night and our plans for starting chapter 2 on Sunday changed at the last minute.  It's amazing how God works these things sometimes.

Our weekend was plain ol' busy...  Sunday night we could tell our family was desperate for some down time.  We crawled into the rec room in the basement, turned off all the lights, and snuggled in to the movie "The Blind Side."  Brad looked at me about 3/4 of the way through and said, "I think God has this for our lesson tonight!"  I agreed and after the movie, we had a great discussion on how God built us to protect each other, look out for each other, and defend each other.  It was a great transition, I believe, into Chapter 2 which will talk about being a servant.  I am grateful that God planted those seeds through a family movie night!

Tonight we plan to start Chapter 2 and I'm excited to see where God will lead this chapter on servanthood.  I would love to see a night of foot-washing with these kiddos...interesting to see how that would turn out.

For now, as we plan, I pray the same memory verse as the kids will...that I'd do "all things as unto the Lord" - planning this class, especially!

No comments:

Post a Comment