Monday, January 16, 2012

Preliminary Work

Well, good morning!

This post marks Day One of a heavy heart for my family.  Brad, my loving husband of 13 years, and myself have realized that regardless of the little pep talks and Scripture verses we through around at the kids, our family still behaves just as the world would expect.  However, we believe what Christ prays in John 17...

John 17:15-17

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.  Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.  (NKJV)

We are called to be in this world, serving and glorifying God as we go.  But we are not of this world.  Watching my children, one would not believe our family holds this standard of Truth.  And that is where the heavy heart comes in...

So, Brad and I have decided to start a Friedl Family Workshop, in which we hold a class-type hour-long session for our family.  We will have a memory verse each week, celebrations for each member of the family, group activities and prayer.  We will also be reading through the book Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends by Sarah, Stephen & Grace Mally.

I would invite you to share along this journey with us.  I'll be posting our "lesson plans" for the evening (what can I say - I'm a teacher at heart!) as well as feedback from the kids, ourselves and/or The Word as it becomes clear.  Feel free to adopt this activity for your own family!  If you do, please share what works and what doesn't

In the meantime, I'd ask for prayer...for patience, for wisdom, for guidance as we work to train up our children in the Way they should go.  (Proverbs 22:6)


2 comments:

  1. Amy, this is an AWESOME idea! I wish more families in today's society would take this time to focus on how important this is! You are an inspiration and I can't wait to see what you have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the lesson plans Amy...this may be something we want to pick up on. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete